To set the equalizer on an iPhone:
- Go to the “Settings” app on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and tap “Music”.
- Scroll down and tap “EQ” (Equalizer).
- Select an equalizer preset or tap “Off” to turn the equalizer off.
You can also create a custom equalizer setting by tapping “Create New” and adjusting the sliders for the different frequencies.
Note: The EQ (Equalizer) settings are only available for songs that are stored locally on your device and not for streaming music.
If you really want great sound, check out our pick of the best headphones for music.
To set the equalizer on an Android device:
- Go to the “Settings” app on your Android device.
- Scroll down and tap “Sound & vibration”.
- Scroll down and tap “Advanced sound settings”.
- Tap “Equalizer”.
- If your device has a built-in equalizer, you will see a list of preset options. Select one of these options to apply it to your audio.
If your device does not have a built-in equalizer, you may be able to use a third-party equalizer app to adjust the audio settings. There are many equalizer apps available on the Google Play Store, such as Equalizer FX, Bass Booster, and Music Equalizer. To use one of these apps:
- Open the Google Play Store on your Android device.
- Search for an equalizer app, such as “Equalizer FX”.
- Tap “Install” to download and install the app.
- Open the equalizer app and follow the instructions to adjust the audio settings.
Note: The equalizer settings may only apply to music that is played through the built-in music player or through the equalizer app, and may not affect audio played through other apps or services.